Every time that you have a vacancy in your rental property, you are losing rental income. There are however some simple ways to make sure that your property is more desirable for prospective tenants. Let us look at some tips to ensure that you can find tenants for your property fast.
The adage says that first impressions are the lasting impressions, and this is even truer when it comes to homes. You need to ensure that the exterior of the building is up to par so that a prospective tenant will want to see the inside as well. Some inexpensive measures can increase the curb appeal of your property.
- Remove trash, debris or weeds
- The lawn and shrubbery should be manicured
- If the house has a porch or outdoor area, then you can place some flowering plants to give it a more inviting appeal. Make sure to keep the plants in good condition because dead or decaying plants are worse than no plants
- Get rid of chipped paint, torn window screens or broken banisters
- The mailbox, light fixtures, and address plates should be in good condition
- Keep a particular area out of sight for all garbage and recycling